Had a failed print yesterday. Wasted about 5 hours of my time and precious printing material. After analyzing the situation and with a quick search online, I have determined that the problem lies with the existing resin in the tank, which is kind of contaminated from the failed prints before.
The recommended solution? Run the resin in the tank through a paint filter to remove all its impurities before pouring it back into the tank to use.
It is a learning experience. First, I discovered that there is such a thing as paint filter. Secondly, I found out that, sometimes, there will be a need to filter my resin.
I mean I have seen floating bits in the resin before. Although I know that they are bad news and they will, sooner or later, cause some me some trouble, I did not know how to get rid of them efficiently except for trying to manually locate and scoop them up with a used namecard. Needless to say, trying to pinpoint, isolate and remove floating bits in a tank full of gooey, opaque liquid of the same colour, is pretty much impossible.
Went out and tried unsuccessfully to purchase some paint filters from a couple of hardware shops. Frustrated, I made an online purchase tonight and in a few days time, they will be delivered to my doorstep. Only then can I filter my resin and see if it fix the issue at hand. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
It is really easy to be impatient.
Almost every time I arrived at an obstacle, its solution usually requires some random item which will take days (even weeks) to find and acquire, before I can continue with my work/ experimentation. All the trial-and-errors I do, further hinder my overall progress.
Ah, the struggle.
Luckily, I do enjoy what I do.