Day 61 – Transfer Upgrade

0315 PM Yes! Everything is falling into place. The toner and printer works. The homemade “transfer solution” works (25% Dammar Varnish, 75% Lighter Fluid). The trick is to print on transparency film and stopping the film from reaching the heating element of the printer, by jerking open the front cover of the printer. My 2nd […]

Read More

Day 60 – No Engraving Today

Have to edit some pictures for the company today. which means I had no time to engrave anything. However, the toner came in this afternoon and I’ve tested the printer and it works. Nice. Let’s try and get some really intricate designs out now.

Read More

Day 59 – Lettering

Purchased the tutorial video on engraving lettering last night. Today, I’ve been practicing writing/ drawing the engraver script on paper before attempting to engrave them on my copper practice plate. Controlling one side of the flat graver isn’t the easiest thing to do. Also, I think I need to grind my flat graver properly. The […]

Read More

Day 58 – Chrysanthemum Again.

Spent a good 4 hours just engraving today, just shading up the chrysanthemum I’ve been working on since yesterday. Not too bad at all. I was so focused. I think must be the cup of tea I had during lunch. Perhaps I should start drinking tea at lunch again. The previous two times I had […]

Read More

Day 57 – Printer

Been a rather productive day today. I started out with yet another Japanese crest engraving. Not too bad; didn’t make any serious mistakes. Bored of engraving roundish crests, I tried my hands on a design which I found in a book which takes up the entire of my copper plate. Yes, it’s another chrysanthemum flower. […]

Read More

Day 56 – Need A Printer

Finished shading the previous design. It was okay I guess. Been trying different lengths of spring inside my hand piece; I can get faster, but less powerful, impacts with a longer spring. That works really well for fine shading. I’m trying to solve the issue of transferring image on my metal. Been doing a lot […]

Read More

Day 55 – Modified the Vise

I was working on this design today. At the moment, I have finished shading about 40% of it. Half way engraving though, I decided to epoxy glue the bottom of my plastic ball vise holder onto a 1.25 kg weight plate for additional weight. That is because I believe the additional weight will be useful […]

Read More