Day 61 – Transfer Upgrade

0315 PM Yes! Everything is falling into place. The toner and printer works. The homemade “transfer solution” works (25% Dammar Varnish, 75% Lighter Fluid). The trick is to print on transparency film and stopping the film from reaching the heating element of the printer, by jerking open the front cover of the printer. My 2nd […]

Read More

Day 58 – Chrysanthemum Again.

Spent a good 4 hours just engraving today, just shading up the chrysanthemum I’ve been working on since yesterday. Not too bad at all. I was so focused. I think must be the cup of tea I had during lunch. Perhaps I should start drinking tea at lunch again. The previous two times I had […]

Read More

Day 57 – Printer

Been a rather productive day today. I started out with yet another Japanese crest engraving. Not too bad; didn’t make any serious mistakes. Bored of engraving roundish crests, I tried my hands on a design which I found in a book which takes up the entire of my copper plate. Yes, it’s another chrysanthemum flower. […]

Read More

Day 56 – Need A Printer

Finished shading the previous design. It was okay I guess. Been trying different lengths of spring inside my hand piece; I can get faster, but less powerful, impacts with a longer spring. That works really well for fine shading. I’m trying to solve the issue of transferring image on my metal. Been doing a lot […]

Read More

Day 55 – Modified the Vise

I was working on this design today. At the moment, I have finished shading about 40% of it. Half way engraving though, I decided to epoxy glue the bottom of my plastic ball vise holder onto a 1.25 kg weight plate for additional weight. That is because I believe the additional weight will be useful […]

Read More

Day 54 – Bigger Turn Table!

So I worked on this today. Took me quite a bit of time doing the shading. Made a huge mistake at the overall circular shape of the design (obvious mistake is at the top) when the pencil mark of where I was supposed to engrave was already rubbed off as I was cutting the basic […]

Read More

Day 53 – Improvement

Finished shading yesterday’s practice. I find that I have no idea how to logically shade big, open spaces. Hmmm… Need to do more research about that. I also learned just because I should leave a bigger space between each line so that the shading will show up better without magnification. It’s easy to go too […]

Read More